An update from Chihuahuahuahuahua, Mexico

What an interesting few days…

After buggering around in Ciudad Obregon for 2-3 days, we finally got on a bus to Yepachi thinking we would end up on the farm later that day.

The journey was only around 200km I think, but it still took 8 hours.

And… we missed the stop and ended up an hour past Yepachi.

So we had to spend the night in that little town and got the first (and only) bus the next day to Yepachi.

We arrived in Yepachi around 12pm, then spent the next 7 hours walking to the farm – no one was there to pick us up and we had no luck finding a lift.

That ended up being 15miles or so! Yes, we are awesome.

We finally made it to the farm only to be defeated by a river – we were100m from the house, but no one was home and the big river was too hard for us to pass at 7.30pm.

We walked back up a hill and slept under the stars for 4 hours. I only had a tshirt and shorts on and Lachy had a jacket.

At midnight we decided to walk back to town, a pretty amazing feat considering that by the time we did arrive back it had been 24 hours since we’d last eaten.

Oh yeah, we are just that awesome that we only took 1L of water with us, so ended up having to drink the muddy water that was running off the mountains (filtered with our tshirts).

Oh yeah, it was raining a lot.
Oh yeah, it was quite hilly.
Oh yeah, we had to wade through streams.
Oh yeah, we were charged at by bulls.
Oh yeah, we are pretty fucking awesome we have decided.
Oh yeah… we had to spoon.

To finish off the fun little adventure we ended up gettign a ride back to town, in the back of a truck that had been carrying cow manure.
And then… we were asked if we wanted to buy dope from a bunch of dudes wearing bullet proof vests… carrying machine guns (they were nice folks though).

We decided that fate had really been trying to tell us something for the whole duration of this expedition, so we took a bus for 6-7 hours to the city of Chihuahua and crashed out – the most exhausted we had both been in a very long time.

In the end it looks like we walked around 35-40km based on the tracks I had going on my iPhone GPS.

Mosquito bites are gone, but now we are just rooted.


So very happy to be back in civilisation ,sipping a beer, and using a half decent internet connection.

It is good to eat food again.

2 thoughts on “An update from Chihuahuahuahuahua, Mexico”

  1. Both of you are awesome! When you look back, you are happy you have this experience. It prove that how good you are when you are young! So, enjoy it!

  2. wah! that’s a gruesome tale. yeah sounds lime the work was not to be. dudes with bullet proof vests eh? more to come on that front! lol

    great blog. keep them coming

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.